The standout feature of Central Machines Continuous Motion Multiple Piece Assembly Machine is a high production rate. These machines are best suited for smaller parts requiring simple operations executed in multiple steps.
Once the design criteria has been established, our engineers and machine builders will custom design innovative machinery to meet your high volume production needs. Our continuous motion equipment provides excellent repeatability, cycle after cycle, due to our reliance on mechanical motions. Our machines are built in-house, which ensures customers get reliable machines and one-stop accountability. Our machine shop is outfitted with all the conventional and CNC equipment necessary to manufacture all components of our equipment in house.
Our machines are designed to be ergonomic and user friendly from programming to final unloading. A color display touch screen panel is the main user interface with the machine.
From each and every machine our customers can expect longevity and reliability due to the use of mechanical and servo driven motions. Our skilled work force is all under one roof, allowing for complete construction and product accountability within our shop. We use both conventional and state-of-the-art CAD/CAM and wire EDM machines to fabricate the components.
Production Rate Ranges 80 to 1300 Parts Per Minute (dependent on number of spindles) FeederType Options Centrifugal
Sensor Capability Verify product has no defects
Verify Product was assembled correctly
Verify Product was loaded into the dials
Verify that products with defects are removed
Machine Shop Capabilities Buffing
Wire EDM Machining
Custom Services 24/7 Service
Complete Machine Programing
Custom Build Manufacturing
Innovative Machine Design
Installation At Your Location
Retooling and Upgrades of our machines and our competitor’s machines
Stand Alone Machines
Training Your Staff
Wiring and Assembly
Fabrication Materials Used For Building Chassis and Tooling Aluminum: 6061, 2024
Cold rolled steel bar and plate stock; 1008,1018, 1020
Heat Treatment of Materials Available if Necessary
Sheet Metal (8-14 gauge)
Stainless Steel : All grades
Tool Steel: CPM, 10V, D2, A2, M2
Tolerances Operating Placement: +/- .002
Tooling tolerance: +/- .001
Core Competencies Cap Closing Machines w/ max. 550 ppm
Cap Lining Machines w/ max. 1200 ppm
Continuous Motion Assembly Machines w/ max. 1300ppm
High Speed Indexing Assembly Dial w/ Typical min. 25 ppm to max. 150 ppm.
Walking beam-type transfer systems
- General Machine DescriptionThe Continuous Motion Multiple Piece Assembly Machine is a self-contained unit, featuring feeder bowls, and inline tracks. The machine is configured with multiple continuously rotating dials, mounted horizontally to transfer the product through the assembly, testing and inspection processes.
The machines include the following standard features:
- Feeder bowls to orient product.
- In line tracks to feed product to the continuous motion dials.
- The machines can be configured with upper, lower and horizontal cam driven tooling.
- The lower dial tooling can be equipped with cam driven spindles with tooling.
- An outer cam will allow each spindle to move up and perform an operation.
- The upper tooling dial can be equipped with cam driven spindles with tooling.
- Shift register tracking system will monitor good and bad parts thru the system.
- Touch screen type operator control panel with message display to indicate functionality and spindle monitoring.
- If the product fails any test or inspection, the product will be designated as a reject and removed from the dial.
- A fixed cam will divert completed assemblies to an eject chute equipped with a pneumatically operated box diverter.
- An air blow will remove rejects from the dial and blow them into a reject chute.
The machine is constructed with station tooling mounted to a ground steel top plate supported by a fabricated steel base. Mechanical drive, pneumatics, and electrical equipment are all hard mounted to the base. Machine components are black oxide, anodized, plated, or painted as necessary. All painted components will be painted with an oil base machinery enamel. Perimeter guarding consists of polycarbonate panels this protects your employees from pinch points and rotating areas.
- Design Options
Types of Continuous Motion Transfer Systems In-line product movement
Rotary product movement
Feed Systems Vibratory feeders
Water fall feeders
In Feed Systems Power driven conveyors tracks
Regenerative blower tracks
Compressed air tracks
Vibratory inline tracks
Product Placement Detection See through fiber optic sensors
Convergent beam sensors
Probe tooling with sensors
Product Assembly Types Snap together
Ultra sonic welding
Product Assembly Testing Vision system inspections
Probe tooling with sensors
Leak testing (pressure or vacuum)
Hi- Pot electrical high voltage testing
Go / No go tooling gages
LVDT force testing
Automatic ejecting of product to sampling bins
Product Identification Laser engraving
Ink jet printing
- Additional Options
Pre Feeders Elevator hoppers
Live bottom hoppers
Pack Out Systems Carton handling systems with powered or roller conveyors
Two position carton diverters
Operator Interface Touch screen with machine diagnostics and data acquisition
Message display units
Auxillary Dial Quality sampling bin