Custom Designed Automation Equipment
Central Machines, Inc. designs and builds custom automation, testing, and inspection assembly equipment. We provide turnkey operation from full engineering design, custom machine shop fabrication and manufacturing, assembly, wiring, programming, installation, and training and service. Our designs can be either continuous motion, rotary or inline, depending on requirements.
Our automation equipment delivers both longevity and excellent repeatability due to our use of mechanical and servo-driven motion. Complete construction of the machine is done in-house using a CAD/CAM integration of CNC and wire EDM machines, with our engineering AutoDesk Inventor design software. Our machine shop is outfitted with all the conventional and CNC equipment necessary to manufacture all of our equipment in-house.
Standard Equipment and Chassis
Customers can choose from either our existing standard chassis platforms or choose to have a custom design best suited for their assembly application. Our core competencies include the design and fabrication of high-speed indexing dial assemblies, walking beam-type transfer systems, palletized transfer systems, cap closing machines, cap lining machines, and continuous motion assembly machines.
Our machines are user friendly and easily programmable. The machines feature a color display touch screen panel as the primary interface. Using the touch screen, the equipment can be programmed to run multiple jobs. Operators need only to enter a part number into the touch screen of the machine, this will access its local database to start producing the part.
We performance test, debug and install all the equipment that we build. Our skilled personnel provide on-site maintenance and servicing support.
Machine Shop Capabilities
- CNC Machining
- Wire EDM Machining
- 24/7 Service
- Complete Machine Programing
- Custom Build Manufacturing
- Functional Testing
- Innovative Machine Design
- Installation At Your Location
- Retooling and Upgrades of our machines and our competitor’s machines
- Stand-Alone Machines
- Training Your Staff
- Turnkey Systems
- Wiring and Assembly
Fabrication Materials Used For Building Chassis and Tooling
- Aluminum: 6061, 2024
- Cold rolled steel bar and plate stock; 1008,1018, 1020
- Heat Treatment of Materials Available if Necessary
- Sheet Metal (8-14 gauge)
- Stainless Steel: All grades
- Tool Steel: CPM, 10V, D2, A2, M2
- Operating Placement: +/- .002
- Tooling tolerance: +/- .001
- Verify product has no defects
- Verify Product was assembled correctly
- Verify Product was loaded into the dials
- Verify products with defects are removed
- Cap Closing Machines w/ max. 550 ppm
- Cap Lining Machines w/ max. 1200 ppm
- Continuous Motion Assembly Machines w/ max. 1300ppm
- High-Speed Indexing Assembly Dial w/ Typical min. 25 ppm to the max. 150 ppm.
- Walking beam-type transfer systems